Are you interested in offering a class through Rec&Ed? We are always interested in ideas for classes and camps, and using community members as instructors.
First, it is a good idea to look through our catalog so you can see the types of classes/camps most successfully offered through Rec&Ed. This will also give you an idea of how to write a class description.
Send your proposal for a class to Sally Searls via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or mail to 1515 S. Seventh St., Ann Arbor, MI 48103.
Please include the following:
- Your name, phone numbers and email address
- Short description of the class you are proposing
- What students will learn from the class
- The amount of interest you believe there would be in such a class
- The approximate length of the class (hours per night and number of sessions)
- If the class is for adults or youth
- A little about you, including any previous experience teaching
Your proposal will be reviewed to determine if we think the class will be of interest to our participants.
You will then be invited to meet with a Rec&Ed Supervisor to discuss your proposal. At this meeting curriculum content, dates, class size, payment and class fees will be considered.
Rec&Ed offers classes through out the year. In order to be listed in the catalog for a season, classes are identified at least 3 months before the season begins. Listed below are the approximate timelines for each season.
| Deadline for
|| Season Dates
||September - December
||January - March
||April - June
||June - August
||June - August
Rec&Ed is also accepting proposals for week long camps for midwinter, spring and summer breaks. Send your proposal for a camp to Sally Searls via email (email@example.com) or mail to 1515 S. Seventh St., Ann Arbor, MI 48103