VOLLEYBALL IN ANN ARBOR, MI
|2015 WINTER ADULT VOLLEYBALL|
|LEAGUES & FEES (BACK TO TOP)
|LEAGUE||FEES: REGISTRATION (SPONSOR) AND TEAM|
|League Entry / Sponsor Fee*||Team Fee||Non-Resident Fee|
|(due upon registration)||(due by 12/17/14)|
|Corec Sunday Quads: AA, A, B (7 weeks)
|Corec 6s: Major, A, B, and C (Corec Major matches are 3 games to 25 in winter)||$125||$354||$3.00|
|Women's 6s: Open, Tweener, Major, AA, A, B
(Wm Open is 3 games to 25 in winter)
Men's 6s: Major, AA, A, and B (Men's Major matches are 3 games to 25 in winter)
The non-resident fee applies to all players and substitutes who reside outside the boundaries of the Ann Arbor Public School District.
All fees represent "3-games to 25 points" matches. No 4-game Open matches are played in Winter due to time / gym constraints.
Corec Quads is a "Call Your Own" recreational league for AA, A & B teams that features a round robin format during the 2-hour weekly sessions.
Players without a team should contact the League Director at email@example.com or 734-994-2300 x 53254 for help in finding a team that may need a player or substitute.
League Definitions: Winter Volleyball features some "combination leagues" due to the reduced gym space available for the league. These leagues are defined as below:
|COMBO LEAGUE||FALL / SPRING EQUIVALENT|
|Corec Major||All Open & AA teams|
ALL WINTER 6-PLAYER LEAGUES PLAY 3 GAMES TO 25 POINTS.
Rec&Ed reserves the right to move teams into different classifications as needed for the purposes of scheduling efficiency. Captains will be notified if their classification is changed, and this re-classification would be in effect for the Winter 2015 season only.
CLICK HERE FOR LEAGUE LEVELS & DESCRIPTIONS
Sponsor fees are due at the time of registration. The deadline for turning in team fees, non-resident fees, player contracts, and team rosters is 5:00 pm on Wednesday, December 17, 2014. Any contracts turned in after 5:00 pm on December 17 will be charged a $2 per player late fee. All fees must be paid at the Rec & Ed office, 1515 S. 7th Street, Ann Arbor, between 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
DEADLINES FOR DROPPING, ADDING AND TRANSFERRING PLAYERS
|All 6-player Leagues||*Drop/Transfer Date||5:00 pm, Friday, February 6, 2015|
|*Add Date||5:00 pm, Friday, February 13, 2015|
*$2.00 fee per player will be assessed after December 17, 2014 for any transfers or adds.
|SEASON (BACK TO TOP)
SEASON LENGTH & START DATES
- The season is tentatively scheduled to start January 5, 2015.
- All teams play 7 matches.
NIGHTS OF PLAY & LEAGUE OFFERINGS
|Mondays||Corec B 6s|
|Tuesdays||All Women's 6s leagues|
|Wednesdays||Corec 6s: Major, A, B, and C|
|Thursdays||All Men's 6s leagues plus Corec C|
|Sundays||Corec Quads: AA, A & B levels
GAME SITES AND TIMES
- All games are played at AAPS Middle Schools. Start times will be as early as 7:00 pm and as late as 9:50 pm.
PRACTICE TIMES AND PERMITS
- Check with the league director firstname.lastname@example.org about practice gym availability for teams to rent in winter
|REGISTRATION PROCEDURE (BACK TO TOP)
Registration will take place at the Rec&Ed office, 1515 S. 7th Street between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm on the dates below.
|League||Pre-Registration||Open Registration||Deadline (all leagues)|
|All leagues||Monday, November 3, 2014||Tuesday, November 4, 2014
||Friday, November 7, 2014|
All team registrations are due by 5:00 November 8. Teams registering after November 7 will only be added IF THERE IS AN OPENING IN THEIR LEAGUE. Leagues usually fill very quickly in Winter Volleyball due to limited gym space. Teams are advised to register promptly to assure getting a spot. All registration is on a first-come, first-served basis and leagues are closed as they fill, regardless of deadlines.
Captains do not need to know WHO all their players are before they register a team. To ensure getting a spot in the league, captains are encouraged to register promptly Nov. 3 or 4, then finish confirming their players. Team rosters are not due until 12/17/14.
Team registration forms and player contracts are available on the 'forms & rules' section of this website.
Pre-registration is open to all returning Rec & Ed volleyball teams that played in a league during 2014. A team must meet one of the following criteria in order to be considered a returning team:
- Have a returning sponsor
- Have a returning captain
- Have four returning players with signatures (2 for quad teams).
Open registration is for all new teams or returning teams that did not participate in the league during 2014.
You may send in your team’s initial registration form and sponsor fee in several ways:
1) By Mail: Mark envelope “ Adult Volleyball League” and send it to 1515 S. 7th Street, Ann Arbor MI 48103.
2) By Drop Box: Mark envelope “Adult Volleyball League” and place in our drop box at 1515 S. 7th St, Ann Arbor. The drop box is located inside the foyer and is accessible 24 hours a day.
3) ONLINE REGISTRATION (for sponsor / initial registration fee only)
- You can sign up your team online. Receive immediate confirmation of your league placement with the same priority as walk-in registrants. Captain’s packet is mailed out within 3 days. NOTE: Online registration is for initial / sponsor registration only, which reserves your team’s spot in the league. Captains will still need to come into the office by the contract deadline date to bring in their roster, player contracts, team fee, and non-resident fees.
- Only returning captains can register online during the pre-registration period (November 3, 2014). Returning captains will receive a code to use to pre-register. Anyone with an online account can register online after November 3, 2014.
- Directions for setting up an Ann Arbor Rec&Ed account for initial online team registration
You may drop off your registration before the start of the registration period, if this is more convenient (not available for online registration). Doing so, however, does NOT give you priority over those registrations received by walk-in or online registration. Priority is given to online and walk-in registrations throughout the registration period.
Registrations received by mail, fax, or drop box on or before Monday, November 3, 2014 will be processed after 4:30 PM on November 3 if they are returning teams. New teams will be processed after 4:30 PM on November 4. If you requested a captain’s packet, it will be mailed out within three days of registration processing. Please call 994-2300 x 53254 if you do not receive your packet in a timely fashion. Team rosters, player contracts and rules are also available on the website.
FEE DEADLINE: The last day to turn in team fees, rosters, and player contracts without incurring late penalties will be Wednesday, December 17, 2014 before 5:00 pm. Any contracts turned in after December 18 will be assessed a late fee of $2.00 per contract.
PLEASE NOTE: The Rec&Ed office closes on Friday, December 19, 2014 and will be closed for the two-week holiday break. The office will resume regular business hours at 8 am on Monday, January 5, 2015.
|ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (BACK TO TOP)
There is no "Sub Pool" for indoor play. Players may participate on only one team in each program. For example, a woman may play on one Women's team and one Corec, but not on two Women's teams. Men may not play in the women's program, but women may play in the men's program. Players must be at least 16 years old, unless specific permission is requested by the parent and an exception is granted by the Coordinator of Team Sports. .
EXCEPTIONS: A player MAY play on 1 Corec 6-person, 1 Corec Reverse team, 1 Corec Quads, AND 1 Corec 40+ team!
STANDINGS AND STATISTICS
Weekly standings are emailed to captains weekly in a Word document. They are also available on the website: http://www.aaps.k12.mi.us or from the site supervisor at the gym beginning the second week of the season. To verify standings, call the statistician at the Rec&ED office at 994-2300 ext.53218.
- A maximum of 15 players are allowed on a roster. (12 for MRPA State Tournament)
All Ann Arbor Rec & Ed teams are eligible to petition for a berth to compete in the Michigan Recreation & Parks Association State Tournament at the appropriate level (A, BB, B, or C). The State Tournament is held on a Saturday or Sunday in late March or early April. The team fee is approximately $140. Interested teams should contact the Volleyball Supervisor by February 1. In 2013, 9 Rec & Ed teams competed in the State tournament resulting in a record THREE State Championship teams and two runner-up teams!
Uniforms are recommended but not required for participation in the Rec & Ed league. MRPA teams ARE required to wear identical, numbered shirts for the tournament. Libero is NOT permitted in the MRPA State Tournament.
- Team and individual player awards will be given to the champion of each division, league, and playoff.
- League or Divisions with 9 or more teams receive runner-up individual awards.
- Quads League has individual awards only for first and second place teams.
- Sponsor/Deposit Fee Refund Requests
- Sponsor/Deposit fee refund requests submitted to the office by 5:00 pm on Thursday, December 4, 2014 are subject to a $10.00 service fee.
- Sponsor fee refund requests submitted to the office by 5:00 pm Thursday, December 11, 2014 will be assessed a 50% (i.e. 1/2 of the sponsor fee) service fee.
- Sponsor fee refund requests submitted after 5:00 pm December 11, 2014 will be denied.
- Team Fee Refund Requests
All team fees are due before a team's first scheduled game. Refund requests for team fees will be denied.
AND WILL RE-OPEN AT 8 AM ON MONDAY, JAN. 5, 2015.
Coordinator of Team Sports
|994-2300 ext. 53226|
|994-2300 ext. 53218|
Supervisor for Officials
|994-2300 ext. 53209|
Adult Team Sport Specialist
|994-2300 ext. 53214|