1515 S. 7th Street, Ann Arbor MI 48103
(734) 994-2300 x 53254
|Quick Reference List for All Sand Volleyball Leagues|
Pre-registration for Returning Teams:
|LEAGUES OFFERED (return to top)|
|Corec Recreation (C) Quads (pick one night)||Either Sundays, Mondays, or Wednesdays|
Corec Intermediate (B) Quads (pick one night)
|Either Sundays, Mondays, or Wednesdays|
|*Open Power (A) Quads (any gender, Corec net height)
|Corec A Doubles||Mondays|
|Corec B Doubles||Mondays|
|Women's Power (A) Quads||Tuesdays|
|Women's Intermediate (B) Quads||Tuesdays|
|Women's A Doubles, Women's B Doubles||Thursdays|
|Men's A Doubles, Men's B Doubles||Tuesdays|
|Men's Intermediate (B) Quads||Thursdays|
|"U22" Girls' Doubles||Fridays|
|JV Corec Triples (grades 8-10)||Fridays|
|LEAGUES & FEES (return to top)
|LEAGUE||FEES: REGISTRATION (SPONSOR) AND TEAM|
|League Entry / Sponsor Fee*||Team Fee||Non-Resident Fee**|
|(due upon registration)||(due by 5/21/15)|
|All Quad leagues||$75||$109||$3.00|
|All Doubles Leagues
|+Girls' 22 & Under Doubles||$30||$56||$3.00|
|+JV Corec Triples||$30||$66||$3.00|
*The league entry / sponsor fee is not a deposit. It is the initial fee paid by all teams at registration to reserve their spot in the league. All teams pay both the sponsor / registration fee plus the team fee, regardless of whether or not the team is sponsored.
+"22 & Under Doubles" is designed primarily for Varsity High School and College-aged players who may be experienced indoor players but are not highly-experienced playing sand doubles. If there is interest, there will also be a "JV Triples" division for 8th -10th graders. The JV league is Corec.
**The non-resident fee applies to all players and substitutes who reside outside the boundaries of the Ann Arbor Public School District.
|FEE DEADLINES (return to top)|
Rec&Ed accepts cash, credit cards (Visa, American Express, and Mastercard only), money orders, certified, corporate checks, or a single check from the team sponsor, captain, or a designated team member for sponsor and team fees. Corporate credit cards are accepted only with prior approval from the Finance Department. No personal checks will be accepted for partial payments, late or non-resident fees. All checks are payable to Ann Arbor Public Schools (AAPS).
- All teams play 7 matches.
- The season is tentatively scheduled to start Wednesday, May 27, 2015.
DEADLINES FOR DROPPING, ADDING AND TRANSFERRING PLAYERS
|All Leagues||*Drop/Transfer Date||-5:00 pm, Friday, July 17, 2015|
|*Add Date||-5:00 pm, Friday, July 24, 2015|
*$2.00 fee per player will be assessed after Thursday, May 21, 2015 for any transfers or adds.
|GAME LOCATIONS AND TIMES (return to top|
|REGISTRATION PROCEDURE (return to top)
Step 1: Register your team on April 20 (returning captains) or April 21 (any team) and pay sponsor fees. Registering your team confirms league placement.
Registration will take place at the Rec&Ed office, 1515 S. 7th Street between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm on the dates listed below.
Our address is 1515 S. 7th, Ann Arbor, MI 48103, on the west side of Pioneer High School. Enter off S. 7th Street, using the south driveway near the tennis courts and look for the big blue Rec&Ed sign over our door. Our office faces 7th Street. There is a parking lot for Rec&Ed use.
|League||Pre-Registraton||Open Registration||Deadline (all leagues)|
|All Leagues||Monday, April 20, 2015||Tuesday, April 21, 2015||Friday, April 24, 2015|
(1) Have a returning sponsor
(2) Have a returning captain
(3) Have two returning players with signatures.
You may also register before the start of the registration period, if this is more convenient. Doing so, however, does NOT give you priority over those registrations received by walk-in registration. Registrations received by mail, fax, or drop box on or before Monday, April 21, 2014 will be processed after 4:30 PM on April 21 if they are returning teams (new teams will be processed after 4:30 PM on April 22). Priority is given to online and walk-in registrations throughout the registration period.
Team registration forms and player contracts are available on the Forms & Rules section of this website
NOTE: ROSTERS, CONTRACTS AND TEAM FEES SHOULD BE SUBMITTED IN PERSON DURING BUSINESS HOURS AT THE Rec&Ed OFFICE ON 1515 S. 7th Street. CONTRACTS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED AT THE COURTS. Captains may send anyone they wish to drop off these items.
|FREE AGENTS (return to top)
|SUB POOL (return to top)
Sub Pool Fee: $7 for AAPS residents $10 for Non-Residents
|LEAGUE STRUCTURE & CLASSIFICATIONS (return to top)|
- All matches consist of three 21-point rally-scored games with a cap of 23.
- All matches are self-officiated.
- Team classifications for returning 2011 sand volleyball teams are available from the volleyball supervisor: 734-994-2300 x 53254 or email@example.com. Teams wishing to register for a league other than that which they are classified must fill out an appeal form, which is found on the "forms" page of the volleyball website. League classifications appeals must be completed and submitted to the Volleyball Supervisor at the Rec&Ed Office by 5:00 pm, Friday, April 17, 2015.
|Sand Volleyball Classification||Indoor Volleyball Classification||Indoor Volleyball Classification||Indoor Volleyball Classification|
|MEN'S INDOOR||WOMEN'S INDOOR||COREC INDOOR|
|A - Power / Advanced||Open & AA leagues||Open, Major, some AA||Open & AA leagues|
|B - Intermediate||A and B leagues||AA, and A leagues||A & B leagues|
|C - Recreation Level /
Minimal Sand experience
|B league||B League||C and Instructional|
|STANDINGS AND STATISTICS (return to top)
- Weekly standings are emailed to captains weekly in an Excel document.
- They are also available at www.aaps.k12.mi.us/reced.adult_volley/current_volleyball_team_standings.
- They are also available from the court supervisor at the gym, beginning the second week of the season.
- To verify standings, call the statistician at the Rec&Ed office at 994-2300 ext.53218.
|PLAYER ELIGIBILITY (return to top)|
- Players may participate on only one team in each program. For example, a woman may play on one Women's Doubles team and one Women's Quads team, but not on two Women's doubles teams.
- Men may not play in the women's program but women may play in the men's program.
- Players in the adult league must be at least 16 years old, unless specific permission is requested by the parent and an exception is granted by the Coordinator of Team Sports.
- Players as young as 12 may register for the "JV Triples" league.
ROSTER LIMIT (return to top)
- Quads: A minimum of 4 players and a maximum of 12 players
- Doubles: A minimum of 2 players and a maximum of 8 players.
|UNIFORMS (return to top)
- Uniforms are not required for participation in the Rec & Ed league.
|AWARDS (return to top)
- Individual awards will be given to the champion of each division, league, and playoff.
- Single division leagues with 9 or more teams receive runner-up individual awards.
|2015 SAND VOLLEYBALL STAFF (return to top)
Coordinator of Team Sports
|994-2300 ext. 53226|
|994-2300 ext. 53218|
Adult Team Sport Specialist
|994-2300 ext. 53214|